Seven people, according to reports from Russia, died from drinking hand sanitiser after the party they were at ran out of alcohol.
About nine people started drinking the antiseptic wash, which is 69 percent methanol, it is believed.
Two men were the first to die, aged 27 and 59, as well as a 41-year-old woman.
Six others were immediately flown to a hospital in the city of Yakutsk by medical evacuation aircraft.
Unfortunately, another four did not survive, while two are still fighting in the hospital for life.
“The poisoning took place as a result of drinking sanitiser,” the regional state prosecutor said.
Russian officials are again pleading with people to refrain from drinking the hand sanitiser.