A mom-of-three was cleared of having sex with a child by a jury, acknowledging that he was just 14.
After watching him play soccer, the British woman, Teah Vincent, admitted having sex with the boy she invited to her house, but said he looked much older and it didn’t occur” to her that he could be underage.
The Mirror states that she told Gloucester Crown Court during Vincent’s testimony on Wednesday that she was “sure” the boy told her that he was 16 and “felt he looked much older.”
“He definitely didn’t tell me he was in Year 9, or that he was only 14 before we had sex.”
The court had previously heard that on October 21, 2018, Vincent saw the boys playing soccer in a park near her home in Gloucestershire before she welcomed them back.
Prosecutor Christopher Smyth told the court on Tuesday that she then took one of the boys upstairs, “told him to sit on the bed, left the room and reappeared after removing her clothes a couple of moments later.”
The couple had sex, but the boy ended up pushing her off and returning downstairs to his mate.
“I don’t deny we had sex. I didn’t force him, he happily responded on his own accord,” Vincent told the court on Wednesday.
The verdict came after late evidence showed that on his Facebook profile the boy had given a false date of birth that identified his date of birth as 2000, The Mirror reported.
The boy told the court that after being given a new phone for his 13th birthday, he had entered the false date and wanted “to access games and other stuff immediately.”
“I chose 2000 because 2001 or 2003 was ‘disorganised’. I forgot to change it when I got older.”
In her final speech to the jury, Defense Barrister Catherine Flint said On that Sunday, you heard a lot about Ms. Vincent’s behaviour.”
“You may have formed a view that her behaviour was morally questionable. However, your role is not to make moral judgements, but to decide if she broke the law.”
She was released by Judge Ian Lawrie QC on Thursday after she was found not guilty of knowingly having sex with an underage boy by a jury.
To share the news with friends and relatives, Vincent took to Facebook, writing “NOT GUILTY.”
“THANKYOU EVERYONE THAT STOOD BEHIND ME AND BELIEVED ME ITS BEEN THE HARDEST TWO YEARS OFF MY LIFE.”