Between 12 new cases of COVID-19 reported overnight in New South Wales, there’s one mystery infection.
Health authorities were forced to issue an urgent alert, with patrons ordered to self-isolate at one of seven Sydney venues immediately after a man tested positive for COVID-19 in his 20s.
The person dined between 7 pm and 8.30pm at the Jambo Jambo African restaurant in Glebe on July 31.
Throughout this time, everyone at the restaurant is considered to be near contact and authorities advise patrons should isolate themselves immediately until 14 days after they were last there to get checked even if they have no symptoms at all.
The man has also visited a number of locations in the inner city.
These venues include:
- The Eveleigh Hotel in Redfern on 31 July from 8.30pm to 10pm;
- Warren View Hotel in Enmore on 1 August from 4pm to 4.20pm
- Mary’s in Macquarie Place, Sydney on 1 August from 6.45pm to 7.15pm
- Cubby’s Kitchen in Sydney on 1 August from 7.35pm to 9.30pm
- Burrow Bar in Sydney on 1 August from 9.35pm to 11.15pm
- Woolworths Marrickville Metro on 2 August from 7pm to 7.20pm.
Anyone who attended these venues is a casual contact and is not required to self-isolate.