The brutal COVID-19 lockdown in South Australia will end early in the wake of revelations that authorities were lied to.
Effective Saturday at 11.59pm, the extraordinary restrictions of the state will dramatically ease, although exercise will be immediately allowed again.
For those implemented before the “circuit breaker” was revealed, limitations would ease.
Restrictions of 11.59pm Saturday
- Premises will restricted to 1 per 4sqm
- 100 people on hospitality premises and table bookings limited to 10
- Funerals limited to 50
- Weddings limited to 100 but no vertical consumption or dancing
- Gyms able to reopen
- Religious ceremonies restricted to 100
- Private gatherings restricted to 50 people
- Private residences restricted to 10 people
- Seated consumption required at all venues
- Beauty and private services suppliers will still be required to wear masks, with patrons recommended to also wear masks
- People encouraged to still wear masks while in the community
- School will return on Monday morning