McDonald’s apologised to a mother who claims to have choked her six-year – old daughter on a face mask cooked inside her nuggets.
Laura Arber, from Hampshire, UK, said that Maddie ‘s daughter “could have died”.
The mother of four said two nuggets contained the blue material .
“My little daughter just started choking and I put my fingers down her throat to loop it out (and) there was just blue with the sick,” Metro UK reported.
“I thought, what on earth is this?
“I didn’t even think it could be the chicken nugget, but looked over at the box and all you could see was this blue coming out of another chicken nugget.
“And the mask is cooked into it, like a part of the mixture and it’s clearly a mask.
“You can see the seam and how solid it is in there.”
Laura later posted to a local Facebook group to warn others to be vigilant.
“What if I had walked out of the room and my daughter had choked?
“She could have died. It’s a split-second thing.
“I am just thinking, we have just come out of a pandemic and there is a face mask in my child’s chicken nugget.”
McDonald’s has since apologised for the incident and offered her a full refund.
“Food safety is of the utmost importance to us and we place great emphasis on quality control, following rigorous standards to avoid any imperfections,” the company said in a statement.
“When the matter was brought to the attention of our staff, we apologised, offered a full refund and asked the customer to return the item so we could further investigate the matter and isolate the affected product.”