Under Melbourne ‘s latest COVID regulations, face covers, bandanas and scarves have been banned.
The Victorian premier declared the minor improvements to restrictions on Sunday, including the removal of the nighttime curfew, enabling up to five individuals from two households to meet outside within their 5 kms and reopen childcare.
Daniel Andrews also announced, to the dismay of many, that face shields, bandanas and scarves no longer meet the test of effectively covering the nose and mouth.
“You can wear one if you want, in terms of your eyes, but it would need to be accompanied by a mask,” he said during the press conference on Sunday.
Andrews said there would be a two-week adjustment period for people to transition to face masks.
We don’t want people who are trying to do the right thing getting into trouble,” he said.
“We previously thought that was okay, now we believe it isn’t.”
You will be issued $200 fine failing to wear a correct face-covering.